Wednesday 13 March 2013

DIRECTIONER

Ohhkaaay, so lets get started with a massive One Direction post. Like I wrote in my previous introductory post for 1D, I love them because their music is really happy and pretty relatable. It may not be very deep but they seem to have the right formula for a pretty good song! So I would literally write every song here, so here are some of my favourites:

LITTLE THINGS
I am almost sick of this song because I have played it so many times but it truly is beautiful. The lyrics of really pretty and the simple guitar picking throughout the song make it a gentle little love song. There are some really nice harmonies and overall just a sweet song.


I WANT
This was probably one of their first songs and featured on their Debut Album. Being a new and young band, they are not writing all their stuff but with time, they are doing so more and more. This song, however was written by a singer/songwriter called Tom Fletcher (check out more about his here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Fletcher). The lyrics are fairly superficial but theres just something about the music that I love. It is mostly just drums and a really nice consistent piano hammer. Theres something so nice about a few simple chords stringed together. 



IRRESISTIBLE: (TOP SONG #1)
This must be my absolute favourite 1D song, it is really beautiful and has such pretty guitar tabs- very similar to Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVO8sUrs-Pw)- the tabs and guitar sequence. Yeah, there's nothing more to say, just a beautiful song and you're missing out if you don't listen NOW 


TRULY MADLY DEEPLY
Another gentle little love song by them. I am sure you've caught on the drift of their songs, but even though they are similar, they are all easy listening and pretty. I love the harmonies in the end of this song. 


LAST FIRST KISS
This is one of my best songs from their most recent album Take Me Home. I really like it- typical pop song, but done well. I like the message of the song and in general, its just a lovely song to listen to and sing along at the top of your lungs. Who doesn't want someone they love singing something like this to them?


I WOULD: (TOP SONG #2) 
This is another personal favourite. It is quite interesting because when I first listened to this song, i was like, eh, nice because I think that the verse does bring it down a little. But as I listened to it more and more, it has become a favourite- especially after the first chorus, some more instruments are added and it is just so incredible. The chorus for me is just so great, every time I hear it I just want to hop up and dance around, and in the end, that's exactly what a good song should do! So click play neeeow!


AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!
KISS YOU (TOP SONG #3) 
This is probably now their most favourite and best single on their new album and it deserves its titles. There is just something about it, It is so upbeat, happy and I seriously have to sing along and dance- I can barely listen to this on my Ipod in public anymore because I just want to jump about, haha, don't judge. It is a great listen and makes me so happy so definitely take a listen! 



So I shouldn't do anymore before this becomes too much, but here are my other favourites. 
- WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL (this made them famous and it really is a great song!- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E
- THEY DON'T KNWO ABOUT US (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9u4Jmtz_ww)

Enjooooyyy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment