Monday 15 April 2013

BEST BROADWAY MUSICALS

So firstly, this is entirely my opinion, so if I left out your favourite musical, please just comment below... so in short, I have thought about all of my favourite musicals and productions and have complied them into a big post with my favourite song from each... enjoy the tunes.

CHICAGO
I have no yet seen this musical live, but it is certainly on my list. It is a really clever and well-written production that breaks free from what it typical. It has so many great songs, but I must say that my favourite is probably CELL BLOCK TANGO- really so well put together and a lovely song. 




Some of the other songs that I like from this musical are ROXIE and ALL THAT JAZZ.

MY FAIR LADY
Really a classic, one that I have seen live and thoroughly enjoyed. The story line is not for everyone, but I liked it. It is worth listening to LURVELY- which is probably my favourite. 


Also worth a listen is WITH A LITTLE BIT OF LUCK.

MARY POPPINS

I was in New York for a very short time and so only had time to see one play, and this is what I saw. It was absolutely brilliant! It is one of those stories that you are brought up with and is really just another British children's production, but done well, it was much more. My favourite song from this musical is CHIM CHIM CHER-EE.



Others that i used to love as a kid are A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR and SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPILIDOCIOUS (I doubt I spelt that right)....

THE SOUND OF MUSIC

This really is one of my favourite musicals, our school did a performance of it that i was in, and i love the sound track. Here are some of my favourite songs (in order) : DO RE MI FA, FAVOURITE THINGS, EDELWEISS




I also love SO LONG, FAREWELL and HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MARIA

WICKED
I have not yet watched this play but I hear it is really great. I do, however, know the sound track and my absolute favourite is DEFYING GRAVITY (also check out Glee's cover of this, it is really decent)....



RENT
I absolutely love this song. It is one of those that i was almost brought up with, listening to it in the car, singing along. It is so well done and fits perfectly with the atmosphere of the production. There are some seriously strong voices required to hit some of the last high notes, but they pull it off flawlessly and it is really a great listen!




Okay, so this seems to be getting a bit long, but do not fear, ahah, I have quite a few more, so will post them soon soon....
Love


No comments:

Post a Comment